Sick of feeling embarrassed? fear? uncomfortable? annoyed? Well, you are not alone and I want you to know there is help for you.
I have helped many women with pelvic organ prolapse and I have improved my own prolapse with these simple tips.
Today I share 3 easy tips to help prevent, manage, or improve your pelvic organ prolapse, without surgery.
Tip #1: Don't Strain
- when you strain you increase your pelvic pressure which can actually make your prolapse worse.
- sit with knees higher than your hips when having a bowel movement (use a stool, books, or squatty potty under your feet)
- lean forward and take some relaxing breaths as you have a bowel movement
- if you need to initiate the bowel movement then initiate from your deep abdominals
Tip #2: Exhale on Exertion
- Exhaling prevents breath holding (which can increase your pelvic pressure) and it gently contracts your pelvic floor muscles to provide more support during activities such as lifting.
- to further increase your support you can actively contract your pelvic floor muscles (kegels) during the exhale.
Tip # 3: See a Pelvic Health Physiotherapist
- you will receive an indivdualized treatment plan to achieve optimal results.
>> If you are interested in learning more about your treatment options or you want to have the freedom to move, without being restricted by your prolapse, then book online now. <<